Best Golf Clubs for Women Reviews Top 5 + Recommended
Women don’t have many disadvantages when it comes to playing golf—we all ultimately hit that little white golf ball. Any disadvantages that you do have, come from the fact that women golfers are, on average, shorter than men.
While many golfing clubs for men are made for heights above 5’6”, the average woman is about 5’4”. And it doesn't matter is you are using a sand wedge, a driver, or a fairway wood if the shaft length is too short or too long, it can affect the launch angle, the swing speed and, ultimately, your skill level and your handicap.
To solve this issue, shorter golf clubs have been designed solely for women to use. These women’s clubs are what you need to boost your game and inject some enjoyment back into it.
Top 5 Best Clubs for Women Compared
We believe in reviews that bring out the best golf clubs for women. Because of this, we subjected each of the clubs on our list to extensive play tests. Every aspect was tested, from the flex and material to the accuracy and control rating of shots. After all this was done, we believe we can present the results to you for you to make a better choice.
The Most Recommended Best Clubs For Women: Detailed Reviews 2018
1. Adams Women's Idea 12-Piece Complete Set
Adams has a great reputation in our books for golf clubs for all ages and demographics. Their women’s set is just as awesome as the rest.
With very few real flaws to speak of, this 12-piece set is everything you need to make your game as awesome as everyone else’s.
- Better slot design: Adams has incorporated a new slot design especially for those ladies who have trouble finding the sweet spot in the redesigned club heads. Because it takes a little time to adapt to the updated design, the expanded sweet spot prevents you from having to increase your handicap while you adjust.
- Perfect for beginners: If you’re a woman just starting out in the golfing game, these clubs are probably your best bet to get a head start. There aren’t many other clubs out there that are this forgiving regardless of your handicap. As a beginner, this is a good way to start improving your game.
- Further, higher shots: The unique flex and design of these clubs make hitting a ball high a breeze. We found ourselves whacking the balls right out of the park like it was a baseball match and not a golf game.
- Lightweight clubs: The clubs are shorter and lighter than traditional clubs, making them far easier for a woman to wield and swing. If you have a slower swing because of the sheer length of the normal clubs you use, these will serve you well. Your swing speed will increase, as will your overall game.
- Dirt in the slot: For some reason, the velocity slot seems to be a magnet for dirt and debris. You can expect to find quite a bit of dirt in the slot so if you don’t clean it well, then you’re going to be in trouble.
Overall, this set of clubs is another mind-blowing innovation from Adams Golf. If you are a woman and you have yet to meet a good set of golf clubs, these will become top contenders for the spot. They are light, easy to use, and very forgiving if you’re a beginner.
2. Callaway Women's Strata Complete Golf Club Set with Bag (11-Piece)
Callaway is probably one of the most famous golfing equipment suppliers in the world of golf. They are known for their beginner and professional clubs.
You can find their equipment sold as sets or single clubs. The Strata line is one of their top-notch golf club sets and is comparable to their better sets too. We did a full review on it, pulling out all the stops.
- Awesome drivers: The drivers of this set are really good for shot connections. If you have a knack for missing the sweet spot every time you swing, don’t worry about it anymore. With this set, the drivers have an expanded sweet spot that will almost always connect.
- Great beginner set: If you have just started taking golf lessons, these clubs may be the perfect fit for you. They aren’t built for the professional circuit; however, they are very forgiving and are quite easy to learn with. You can play many beginner shots with ease using these clubs.
- High-end feel: These clubs feel anything but cheap. Their grips and material are all top-of-the-line, with multiple advantages to be had in the long run. The clubs feel like they are worth every cent you pay for them and look like they will last for a very long time too.
- Not a full set: While they are a great beginner set, these clubs aren’t nearly enough to match up to a full set of professional golf clubs. As you get used to your game, you may have to think about upgrading yet again.
As a woman, it can be pretty hard to find a good set of clubs to learn the ropes with. There are tons of men’s clubs out there, but they can be a disaster to work with.
The Callaway set is one of the best beginner sets you can possibly buy for the price you pay. If you’re looking for unique design, forgiving shots, and great value for money you can’t go wrong with these.
3. Believe Ladies Complete Golf Set - Purple - Right-handed
Do you believe in magic? We didn’t until we tested out this golf set from Believe. We didn’t expect much, as the brand isn’t as well-known as some of the others.
We had our minds blown away by how great these clubs were, though. If you’re looking for the ultimate all-round golf set, this is the one for you.
- Forgiveness: When you hit what you think is a great shot with a normal club, but your hand moves at the last moment because of the weight, causing the shot to go awry, there is no worse feeling in the world. You have to work with this type of club, though, don’t you? There is no other option if you want to hit distant shots within par. However, the Believe set changes that entirely. The driver is made for forgiveness, allow you to mishit a shot by a small amount and still have it go where you want it to. At the same time, the distance remains the same even though the driver is lighter than you would expect it to be.
- Higher shot angles: Getting the right angle is tough when you’re focusing on wielding a club that is way too tall for you. The new low-profile 3 wood in this set is the perfect length for a woman and manages to give you the perfect launch angle every time you tee off. If you’re tired of hitting shots 100 yards down the fairway, this is the best club you can use for a better distance.
- Special clubs for situations: If you’re looking for clubs to get you out of tight fixes, this set has them. There are two special hybrids that replace the long irons in a normal set. These work alongside six irons made of stainless steel with extra wide soles to launch balls that are stuck in the rough.
- The color: While purple is a nice touch, it tends to be a little over the top for golfers looking for simplicity. The paint can also chip off over prolonged use, which detracts from the beauty of the clubs.
Purple is as purple does and this purple set does exceptionally well. The clubs in the set are versatile and built with a special ladies’ flex for added ease of use if you’re a woman. For beginners, these clubs form a complete set that works well during lessons and also to survive in sticky situations. Overall, one of the better clubs and sets in the game.
4. Wilson Women's 2015 Ladies Profile XLS Complete
Wilson is a long-standing king of the golf equipment game. They create clubs and sets for beginners, young players, seniors, and more. The women’s set from the XLS line is one of their most successful, and with good reason. Our review shows you why it might be a great pick for you.
- Versatile grips: there are two types of grips available with these clubs. The standard grip is present on the normal sizes of the clubs. The larger sizes get a larger grip, meaning you won’t have any problems with adjusting your hands to the taller clubs. Holding them where you are most comfortable is easy enough.
- Great sizing options: when it comes to women’s sizes, the Wilson set takes the cake. There are four different sizing options available with this set from petite to tall. Each has different height settings, and the clubs are longer or shorter to compensate for these settings. This makes the set the perfect fit regardless of your height and abilities.
- Special flex for ladies: The flex is just perfect for a woman to use. It compensates for the more refined swinging style of most female players. Even if you don’t deliver much power in your shots, you’re going to see the ball fly out at breakneck speeds. It is just stiff enough to provide great power transmission without ruining the level of control you have over the ball.
- Fragile set: Some users (not us) have reported the clubs’ heads breaking off when hitting harder shots. This is subjective and could just be a one-off occurrence.
Wilson always outperforms many of the other clubs in its class. The XLS line for ladies is no different as it is the best fit for women of any size. You can learn golf on this set or use it for casual games whenever you want. From the technology to the comfort, this one is the best out there.
5. Cobra Max Women's Complete Golf Set
Cobra Max is a golfing equipment supplier that is super awesome in terms of the quality of the gear they have.
The Complete Set is a dream collection for any female golfer. Here’s our quick review of the set and what it has to offer you.
- Great carrying bag: Among the many features of the set is the bag that is supplied to carry the clubs in. It is of a great design and is made out of highly durable material that can be very easily stored anywhere. There are many pockets for added convenience.
- Reliable clubs: While none of the clubs stand out particularly the set is extremely reliable. You can’t go wrong if you’re using these clubs because of how dependable they can be. You can hit distance shots with greater accuracy than ever.
- High comfort levels: The grips of these clubs are made for comfort. You can play for extended periods of time without slipping or losing control. The clubs feel wonderful in our hands and are a great beginner to novice set.
- Doesn’t really shine: While the set, as a whole, is reliable and fun to use, it doesn’t blow minds. You will learn to love and respect these clubs, but you should expect a magical moment.
Possibly the best part about this set is the bag. It is easy to use and looks great. The clubs are awesome too, although they aren’t the top of their class. If you’re looking for a sturdy, reliable women’s set, this is the one for you.
Which One Should You Choose?
We like the Callaway Strata and the Wilson XLS Sets. The Callaway has the advantage for beginners. If you’re starting out in the golfing scene, you simply won’t get better than this. However, if you’re a fan of golf and have been playing for a while with the wrong clubs, the Wilson will do right by you every single time.
In the end, the choice lies with you. You can choose any one of these five and you won’t have a bad experience with any of them. Remember that there are many other options out there so if you don’t find what you’re looking for here, you will if you do more hunting. Be sure to leave your own suggestions in the comments below!