Best Indoor Putting Green Reviews 2018: Top 5+ Recommended
Are you serious about improving your swing? Do you want to practice a putt to relax in your home or at work? If you’ve said ‘yes’ to any of these questions, it’s time to look at indoor putting greens. Sometimes the weather, time, and circumstances play a dampener on our golfing pursuits. Does that mean we can’t have fun? No, not at all. A well-designed indoor green putt mat is what one requires to play golf anytime, any day.
Any golf aficionado will tell you the importance of ‘putting’in a game of golf. Good putting skills increase the overall scores in golf. It is a tricky aspect of golf that needs to be mastered to be able to improve your game. And this is where an indoor putting green comes to the rescue. It not only allows you to practice anytime but also a great fun-filled activity to do with family and friends.
Indoor putting greens come in all shapes and sizes, in different budgets and specifications to suit the varied requirements of individual golfers.So, what is your turf requirement? Do you want to practice shots from different distances to hone your golfing abilities, or do you need a distraction to unwind during and after a stressful day at work? What is the space available for you to place your putting mat? Decide what you want out of an indoor putting green.
Here’s our review of the best indoor putting greens and a buyer’s guide to help you arrive at the most suitable choice.
Last update on 2019-10-14 at 09:07 PST - Details
Quick Comparison : Top 5 Best Indoor Putting Greens
Indoor Putting Green
Product Dimensions: 18* 17* 5inches.
Item Weight: 3.5pounds
Product Dimensions: 108* 36* 2inches
Item Weight: 3.5pounds.
Product Dimensions:1 * 1* 1inches.
Item Weight: 17.6pounds.
Product Dimensions: 96* 12* 4inches.
Item Weight: 2.5inches.
Product Dimensions: 24* 8* 8inches.
Item Weight: 3.8pounds.
Here Are Our Reviews Of Top 5 Best Indoor Putting Greens
A Buyer’s Guide to Indoor Putting Greens
If you are a keen golfer, it is important that you practice improving your game. Whether you are looking for golf as a serious avocation or just a simple means of relaxation, an indoor putting mat helps to practice and unwind with a satisfying golfing session. This is probably the best way to hone your putting skills when you are not able to make it to the golf course outdoors.
Perfecting that putting the shot, working on the different types of swing, improving the consistency in performance and maintaining the tempo and rhythm during continuous play is possible only with training and a good quality mat with useful features is what you need to work on your golfing abilities when the weather plays truant.
There are many brands and models of indoor putting greens. They come in different dimensions and shapes to suit different styles and golfing requirements. From the miniature greens to really big mats and artificial turfs that are made of different materials, there is plenty to choose from.
Our recommendation would be to go for a lengthy mat that gives you the scope to practice different shots from various distances to improve your skill and work on your style and performance. Having said that there are a few other important factors that need to be considered before choosing an indoor putting turf.It helps if your indoor putting green resembles and simulates the one in a real golf course to give an actual feel of the game and all the practicing helps to perform well on a real golfing turf.
Here are some general guidelines which may be useful and help you choose the most suitable mat for all your indoor golfing requirements.
- Determine the purpose of purchase: Do you want an indoor putting green to practice some serious golf, or is it simply for relaxation to beat the stress? Choose a mat accordingly.
- Is the size of the putting green mat compliant with the indoor space you have designated for the purpose? Do the shape and size fit in the room and allow you to play comfortably. Look for a mat that gives you the scope to play a few versatile shots which break the monotony and helps you to improve your game.
- Decide on a budget after looking at the top models and look for the best offers.
- Do your research well and give due consideration to the features that the mat offers.
- There are different types of turfs to choose from. Try to choose something that simulates the natural golfing surface to help you improve your game. It is good to have a smooth surface, but the artificial indoor turf must have flexible fake grass blades which closely imitate a natural golfing turf.
- It is important that your putting green gives you the ability to control the speed, and gives you the look, and feel of a real golf course. It must have a firm anti-slip back surface and work well on various surfaces.
- The durability and ease of maintenance are two important aspects to be considered.It's good to look for an indoor putting green that allows you to practice continuously and improvise. The mat must be simple to maintain. It should not develop wrinkles or creases and hold shape after prolonged use.
- The mat must be easy to setup and lay flat and firm. A portable mat that is convenient to be moved anywhere works well.
An indoor mat is quintessential for practicing your short game, overcoming your handicaps in putting and prepare you for the real deal while you have fun. So, the cost, the size, and your golfing requirements are important as also choosing a product that is durable, feels good and natural to roll.
Your indoor golfing turf is your gateway to playing and practicing golf anytime, any day and learning at your own pace. It is important that you look for a mat that offers versatility in shots and improves your putting skills. A well-designed putting green may just be the solution for honing your skills and beating the blues away.