Best Irons For Beginners Reviews 2018: Top 5+ Recommended
Fascinated by Golf? Planning to learn or already started learning the game and the stroke? Then you need the right set of clubs for beginners that can help you get the strokes right and reduce the mishits.
When you are new to this game, it can be very confusing to pick the right set of golf clubs. With various terms like loft, shaft, etc in play, it is quite natural to get confused and not know which the one for you is. To make is easier for beginners like you, here is a comprehensive guide telling you how to buy golf clubs for beginners and also a comparative review about four of the best in the market today.
There are a number of golf clubs specifically designed for the beginners, in the market today. After many hours of research and trying out a number of them, here is a comparison table of four of the best according to us.
Though a comparison table is easy to glance at and know a little more about the products, you need more information to help you choose the right irons for your game. Read on for a detailed review of each of the above products, complete with the negatives too.
The Most Recommended Best Iron Sets For Beginners : Detailed Reviews 2018
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 18:26 PST - Details
1. Adams Golf- Blue Combo Irons – Good For Speed
This is a club set with 8 irons that are designed to help the beginners get a grip of their game faster. With a good launch speed and spin to the ball, anyone who ventures into golf can be helped to hit quite a few right shots.
However, these clubs are on the shorter side and tend to be a little clunky when you hit the ball. Also, hard hitters may have to tone down a little for the shots to be right.
- The velocity slot technology facilitates more speed and flexibility which is very important for those who are still getting used to the game
- The reduced CG moved to the back not only increases the speed of the shot but also adds a good spin to the ball
- These are very forgiving and the mistakes are made up with a wide face. Be it a mishit or a poor swing, you are well covered
- The thinner shafts aid in adding height to your shots
- They color combination looks very impressive and can add visual value to your golf kit
- The shots tend to go straight. With a little difficulty a good player can change the direction, but this maneuver requires experience
- The clubs are not as long as the regular ones. This may take some time to getting used to or if one starts with these, changing to the traditional height clubs will require some effort
For any beginner, hitting more of the greens is a major concern. These clubs can correct the off-center hits and help you hit the ball straight and long.
You can even add spin to the ball like a pro, without it going over the top.
This will boost the confidence level of any beginner and help them enjoy a good game of Golf even with the experienced players.
Adams Golf Blue Irons Review (Source: Youtube.com)
2. Cobra Men’s King F6 Hybrid & Iron Gold Clubs – The Perfect Mix
This set is made up of a combination of irons and hybrids. Every beginner has their own strengths and weaknesses and this set helps to handle it all well.
With a lesser weight and lower CG, this set lets you hit the ball the better, easier and farther. With an adjustable hosel, this set enough versatility for any player.
However, this set is not one of the cheapest to be found in the market. For a beginner, who is yet to discover if Golf is the game for them, investing in an expensive set may not seem feasible or worthy.
- The sound and feel when you hit a shot is just perfect
- The CG is positioned in such a way that the ball is carried straight forward and not leaning towards any one direction. This helps the beginners in getting the ball across to the greens
- The adjustable hosel feature allows you to reduce the height of the hosel, thereby reducing the overall CG of the club
- The hybrid set has three different heads with different loft angles, to choose from. this gives you enough versatility to cover different types of shots
- With grooves and lines, the clubs look very stylish and classy, just something a beginner needs while stepping on to the grass. This is a game where style is as important as the shots, hence starting off with a noticeable style gives one the much needed confidence
- The face is designed in such a way that it increases the speed of even the off center hit balls and helps you launch the ball well, at a good distance
- The design results in a low spin which can have a negative impact on the flight of the ball once hit
For those beginners who don’t mind spending a bit more to get the classy looking well designed hybrid set, that can suit all their needs, this golf set could be what you are looking for.
Cobra King F6 Irons Review (Source: Youtube.com)
3. Callaway X Hot Iron Set
This graphite club with a deep face enables the beginner to launch the ball at a higher speed and longer distance. The material used gives you that much sought after crisp feel and sound of a well-connected shot.
Sadly, not all the clubs in this set are designed to carry the ball far. The clubs that are 6 and below tend to lose speed midway. It requires you to pack in more power in your shots to cover the desired distance.
- These irons are very forgiving and enable the ball to travel far and in the desired direction, despite the mishits
- The undercut cavity reduces the CG and enables it to be moved in such a way that it increases the accuracy of your shots
- The speed frame face technology increases the speed of the shots and enables it to go the distance consistently
- The feel management technology used here results in a crisp sound along with a dynamic feel when the ball is hit
- Those who are used to the steel shafts can opt for it be it the regular or stiff flexes
- One can opt for the lightweight graphite option too and save themselves some joint pains
- The distance covered by the clubs is not consistent
- Not everyone is happy with the large cavity
If you are looking for a stylish set that has high forgiveness, this could be the set for you. Though a little on the expensive side, it can help you control the distance and improve the accuracy of your shots.
For those beginners, who want to hit like a pro and sound like one, these could very well deliver what you are looking for.
Callaway XHot Irons (Source: Youtube.com)
4. Mizuno 2016 JPX-EZ Irons
Last update on 2019-05-19 at 18:26 PST - Details
Made out of steel, these irons designed for the right handed players can carry the ball far and also forgive most of your mishits. If you want to launch the balls with a good spin and make it go the distance, the construction of these clubs can help you achieve your goals. This set consists of 8 irons and can assist the beginners to hit better.
The not so impressive part of this set is the looks. The clubs look chunky and not very stylish or appealing when compared to the much slimmer newer models. Though it has a high forgiveness, one cannot benefit much from this on a sandy surface.
- The design and color of the clubs have been changed from its previous version and is more soothing and appealing to the eyes
- A streamlined sole aids in more forgiveness for the off center hits, when compared to the previous models
- The deep undercut cavity along with the thinner sole enables the face to flex a little more when the ball is hit
- The uniform distribution of the CG between the front and the back improves the launch angle of the shots
- The trailing and leading edges with the cambering aids in the soles’ movement on the turf during impact
- Tends to look very chunky and top heavy when compared to other irons in the market
- The offset of the hosel is more when compared to the previous model
- Though the feel of the iron is impressive after hitting the ball, the sound produced is not. This is because of the large cavity, which makes the hollow loud noise
- The sand iron is not very impressive on sand, as it is on grass
When a person starts playing golf, not all the hits are going to be perfect and centered. In such a case, a forgiving golf set like this Mizuno jpx can help you improve your accuracy.
Though the sound is not very impressive, if you are more concerned with the feel and the hits, this set could suit your needs. It helps to hit the ball long and straight, thus avoiding much of the beginners’ misdirected shots.
Mizuno JPX EZ Irons (Source: Youtube.com)
Comparison And Recommendation
When you are a beginner, selecting the golf irons for your need can be very challenging. Not only will you not know what is available but will also not know what can suit your needs. For those who are looking for a stylish set with a high forgiveness, the Cobra Men’s King F6 Hybrid & Iron Gold Clubs could be the one, provided budget is not a constraint.
On the other hand, for those who are more keen on the looks and don’t mind a little loss in the distance when the ball is hit, the Callaway X Hot Iron Set can meet your needs. Golf is not just about precision, but it also makes a style statement and what better way to make a statement, than to carry some of the best looking clubs?
When you are new to this field, buying the right golf clubs can not only be challenging but can be very confusing too. These clubs don’t at a throwaway price, hence one has to choose wisely to make a sound investment.
Your first set of golf clubs could very well determine the fate of your “golf” journey. This game requires style, technique and patience. Here are some of the factors to keep in mind while buying your first golf kit:
- Clubface – Larger the clubface, larger is the sweet spot, thus reducing the mishits. This provides better forgiveness, which is what a beginner needs. It is not practical to expect your shots to be precise and perfect right from the start.
- Sole – When the sole of your club is wide, it will slice through the grass surface easily. This results in shots going higher with a better angle.
- Shaft - Clubs come with flexible shafts too. The shaft flex is what determines how much the shaft bends while swinging.
- Material Used - The shaft can be made up of steel or graphite. Graphite is lighter and more expensive when compared to the steel shafts.
- Cost – There are many options available in the market. if you opt for a full set of irons under a well-reputed brand, it can be quite expensive. You may not want to invest in such an expensive set right away. You can always buy yourself a better set once you progress in the game.
- Weight – Lighter clubs are easier to handle and will also reduce the strain on your joints. However, a heavier club helps in launching the ball better as it does not need a perfect swing. When you are just beginning to play golf, your swing will not be good enough for a lightweight club.
Golf is a fascinating game that requires patience and practice if you want to be a good player. Being an expensive sport, it is not easy to select the right set of clubs when you hardly know the game. This is why we have put together this comprehensive guide that can help you buy the perfect set of clubs for any beginner. A lot of research, trials and comparisons were conducted for this purpose.
Hope this article has thrown enough light on the options for you as a beginner. Make a wise choice, buy the set that suits your needs and style the best and watches your game improve in no time.