Best Mallet Putters Reviews 2018: Top 10+ Recommended
So you have successfully started your golf journey. Have you started collecting all the required golf clubs for your golf bag? What budget you fix for it and how much you spend for your first set of golf clubs is something else.
But before all that comes the actual clubs that you would really have to buy. Are all the golf clubs worth splurging on? The answer to this question depends on your playing style, your playing frequency, and other factors. But no matter what type of golfer you are, a putter is something you cannot live without.
So are you buying a blade putter or a mallet putter? Have you been asked this question often? This is because this is a pretty significant choice. Each type of putter has its own advantages. While the blade putter is a classy choice, it is not something that everyone can easily master. You should choose a mallet putter mainly if your stroke is square to square. Those that play with an arc stroke should choose a blade putter. Choice of putters would mainly depend on the type of stroke of the golfer.
If you have finally decided that a mallet putter would be the best one for you, how do you pick from the limitless choices on the market? To make your decision a tad bit simpler, we have here a list of the ten most popular mallet putters on the market.
Last update on 2019-09-08 at 03:14 PST - Details
Attributes We Considered To Put Together The List
- Innovation in design
- Consistency in quality
- Durability of the components that go into the putter
- Convenience of use
- Stability in construction
Besides the above-mentioned factors, all the mallet putters on our list also look slick so you could play in style each of your putt shots.
So that’s our list. Here we take up each of the above products and review them so that you can get to know them better.
The Most Recommended Mallet Putters: Detailed Reviews 2018
Mallet Putter Buying Guide
Are you still confused about where to begin? Here are some tips to help you pick the best mallet putters for your game:
- 1. Club head design: Broad club head is the most distinguishable feature that sets the mallet putter apart from blade putters. When we say the club head is broad, there could be a wide range of designs actually incorporated. Some come with dual-ball alignment and some which concentrate on improving accuracy. Choose one that would suit your needs.
- 2. Length of the shaft: This factor is to be considered irrespective of whether you choose a blade putter or a mallet putter. This would depend on the height of the golfer and the way the golfer stoops down. Choose a length such that the golfer’s hands wrap just right over the grip and not above or below the grip.
- 3. Material of the shaft and the club head: The material would determine two things- the weight and the life of the putter. Steel is a lightweight option. This would help beginners, younger golfers and senior golfers handle the putter easily. But the light weight also makes it difficult to gain absolute control over it. So choose cautiously.
- 4. Putter grip: A slightly thicker grip would be recommended for beginners. This is because the tightness of grip would influence the shot. It should be neither too tight nor too loose. A thin grip would make the grip tighter and something that is too thick might make it difficult to grasp. This is why you should choose one that comes with the right sized grip. Though you can always choose to regrip according to your needs, the grip that comes by default would go a long way.
- 5. Consider the pricing: One cannot deny the fact that you should not compromise on quality for the price. But at the same time, without knowing whether the putter is going to suit your stroke style, it would be a waste to buy something very expensive. If you are an absolute beginner, a casual golfer, start out with something affordable. You could always buy expensive ones if you play frequently. Also if you would be taking part in many professional games, you could splurge on a high-end putter without a second thought. This is because a putter is one of the most useful among the other golf clubs.
A Final Note
We have listed here 10 of our most favorite mallet putters. All our choices are based on several levels of testing and feedback from the best golfers. We have only listed down those mallet putters that are absolute value for money picks.
This means that you would never regret your choice if you buy one. And these are also the ones that are the most popular on the market. So even if you wish to resell them and switch to a blade putter for a change, you can be sure that these fetch you great resale prices. So which one are you buying next?