Most Forgiving Drivers Reviews 2018: Top 10+ Recommended
Buying a driver is one of the biggest choices that any golfer has to make. A good driver can go a long way in improving your scores. For the beginners choosing a forgiving driver would help attain some great shots and work on one’s style.
There are numerous golf clubs available. Earlier there were the woods and the irons and a handful of other variants. But now technology has evolved so much that you would be able to find drivers that do not just enhance the scores by improving the performance but are also very forgiving.
The market is very competitive and you would be able to find a lot of them that might look closely similar in their features and design. But it is in the minor details that any club differs from another.
Last update on 2018-11-17 at 02:45 PST - Details
Why do We Now Talk about Forgiving Drivers?
The clubs that were used in the very beginning were very much different from the clubs we have today. There were thing blade like club heads on the golf clubs. So the design was such that the entire weight of the club was focused behind the club’s sweet spot.
This was a good scenario for the professional golfers as the accuracy was great. But for the beginners, this was a big turn off. Slight off-center shots would result in a bad shot. This meant that such clubs resulted in a lot of mishits.
Then came the irons that were perimeter weighted. A marked reduction in mishits was noticed. This was the precursor of the concept of forgiving drivers. This concept has been expanded to result in the modern day drivers that come with large club heads with the weight shifted towards the perimeter so that the probability of missing a shot is reduced and nearly eliminated.
What To Look for To Buy a Forgiving Driver
Here are the features of any driver that would be able to increase the forgiveness to a large extent:
- Large club head with a broad club face- bigger the head size more would the forgiveness of the driver be. A broad surface would ensure that there is a good chance of making a solid contact with the ball. This is why the concept of 460cc clubhead became so popular among the golfers.
- Consider design of the club head alignment. The face to the shaft angle when large, it can lead to a lot of mishits. This means that the angle should not be very open. The tighter the angle the more the forgiveness
- Standard shaft lengths are great for golfers of various handicaps. Taller people might look for longer shafts. There are also some situations where you might find an additional shaft length to be beneficial. But the longer the shaft, the less control a beginner would have over the driver. This might make it feel like the driver is not very forgiving.
When you look for the above features in a club then you can be sure that you are picking the best driver for yourself without any regrets. Such a driver would make your practice sessions seem a little easier and would also make it easy to refine your style.
You might find a lot of drivers that come with a cavity at the backside which might add to the forgiveness and give extra stability. High MOI would be another factor to look for to achieve better shots every single time.
Benefits of Choosing Better Forgiveness for Your Driver
We often recommend forgiving drivers for beginners. But people of all types of handicaps would find such drivers beneficial at different instances. Here are the most common benefits that a forgiving driver offers.
- People whose swing speed is high might often find it difficult to hit the ball at the exact center of the club face every time. With a narrow clubhead this gets tougher. With forgiving drivers the club head is large and thus hitting the center would be simpler
- Lack of control is something that several new players complain during their training sessions. When we talk about control, it is not a straightforward factor. It is the collective result of several aspects of the driver and the handling as well. Lightweight clubs are considered tougher to handle. But heavier clubs are not easy for the new golfers. Experienced golfers often prefer heavy drivers. With forgiving drivers, the design is made such that the weight distribution is uniform making the driver easy to handle for the beginners.
- With the added forgiveness, golfers would also be able to achieve extra distance with these drivers. The distance of the shots is impacted due to several reason. One main reason is the slower swing speed. Some have a slow swing speed naturally. Senior golfers and others who find it difficult to work on their swing speed might have to miss out on the distance of the shots with normal drivers. Forgiving drivers that we have on our list would help tackle these cases. The ball would be hit with a more solid force and this would result in a longer distance shot.
With all these factors ensured, the driver would give the golfer more confidence in handling the shots. It would also result inconsistency in the performance.
Here are the most forgiving drivers which are suitable for beginners and pros alike:
A quick word
If you are new to golf, if you have no idea where to start when you are buying a driver, the list we have put forward would surely help you. It would give you an idea about the most popular features that people look for when they purchase a forgiving driver.
Hope this helps your decision making process simpler and quicker and helps you practice better and move ahead in your golf journey.